I was inspired a few nights ago while watching legendary black women Angela Davis and Toni Morrison. These ladies were discussing multiple topics like - what is freedom to the adaptations of literature to film. I met Ms. Davis once my freshmen year at MSU. Ok so yea she is def one of my Sheros. After watching them on CSPAN I decided to look up a few of Ms. Morrison's novels - stumbled across her latest novel 'Love'. I just read the first few pages and...well it was Ms. Toni.
To say the least I had one of my poetic revolutions. I started writing out of no where. This happens every so very little often but usually I am delighted with the production of my thoughts on ink.
So this blog. Will be my thoughts. My thoughts include a little bit of everything. I tend to appreciate multiple areanas of culture. Although my favorite just so happens to be FOOTBALL. By the way - extremly happy that the MSU Spartans are Big Ten Champs but sad that the season is like...over. WHO DOES THAT!
I am also a theoretical radical...so I probably will discuss when I'm angered by structural racism or gender biases.
Most importantly - I gave my life to Jesus. Like He owns me...and that I am grateful for. It is a journey. I lose some battles, and I win most. I figure this...why believe in Christ and not surrender all. I hate religious cliches and pretensions...I want God 4real
So...welcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment